4/25/10

Pricing study on Gandhi FDC - Part 1 (Costa Rica Gandhi)




Hello Gandhi Collectors,

Today Costa Rica Gandhi FDC ended for $1.90 (1.24 Pounds) on ebay. If I have not bidded on this item than it might have gone for $1.35 (0.99 pounds).!!

Item was listed from United Kingdom (England) by seller "phil-centre" and buyer is unknown because of private listing. I don't know why seller wants to hide bidders, but my guess is that they want to hide their own bidding on their item(shill bidding) so they can increase the price, but that is different research/topic.



I am surprised by price at which this Costa Rica Gandhi FDC is sold and I am not sure what is the real value of Gandhi FDC.

Whether all this pricing is all FAKE (increased by seller) or value of Gandhi FDC is real.

In January I wrote about Gandhi stamp value declining and again my point is it really value declining? or buyer and dealers know this the GAME of Gandhi philately collection.!!!

I paid $10-15 in Feb 2009 when I just started collecting FDC so I am loosing value on this FDC. Is it strange that value is declining or I paid more as I was not aware of what's going on in Gandhi collection.

If any one knows real value of this FDC than please let us know so in future some other new Gandhi collector don't pay more money like me and he is aware of what is real situation instead of just jumping in Gandhi Philately by buying at more price and than regret like me.!!


Please read following series of my blog post  to understand what is going on stamp collecting world specially in Indian Philatelic materials and then you decide.

1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover :  Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed 
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) First Aerial Post - Indian Philately Exposed - Part III
10) 1911 First Aerial Post - Allahabad - Indian Philately Exposed - Part IV

So all collectors beware of a big hype or push to glorify not only Gandhi stamps collection but some other Indian Philatelic collection such as 1911 First Aerial Mail from Allahabad, King George V, King Edward, Queen Victoria and other British India Stamps

Thanks
Gandhi Stamps Club.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...